And when it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play. Kumt lomir ale shpiln, in dreydl – eyns, tsvey, dray. The lyrics for the English version were written by Samuel S. Grossman and the composer of the English version is listed as Samuel E. Goldfarb (also S.E. Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel is a children's Chanukah song from Let's Eat!.. The following are the Yiddish lyrics to the song, transliterated into the Roman alphabet. When it's dry and ready, dreidel I shall play. Goldfarb). Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel. And when its dry and ready, Oh dreidel I shall play.” — Children’s Hanukkah Song The dreidel is a four sided spinning top … Post was not sent - check your email addresses! My Dreidel is a children's song that first appeared in Happy Holidays Love, Barney. אוי, דריידל, דריידל, דריידל, אוי, דריי זיך, דריידל, דריי. My dreidel's always playful. (This does not change the price that you pay at all!) Associated with the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, the most common use for the Sevivon is for a game. My dreidel is so playful The Yiddish version also says that the dreidel is made out of "blay", meaning "lead", rather than "clay" as in the English version of the song. There you have it! Come let's all play dreidel – one two three. This is called a dreidel, and you spin it around and sing this song: I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay, and when it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. The song is about making a dreidel and playing with it. Take the small piece of Sculpey clay you put aside and roll into a short worm/coil to create the handle of the dreidel and place on the top of the dreidel – opposite of the pointed bottom. The letter on which it lands determines the winner. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made you out of clay And when you’re dry and ready Oh Dreidel we shall play. Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, I made it out of clay You realize that Christmas ain't the only holiday (Oy) Hey! There you have it! To lomir ale tantsn, a dreydl-karahod. So let's all play dreidel, one and two. Select another color – smaller amount (about a dime or penny size) – and roll it into a ball and shape into a triangular shape with fingers to fit onto the bottom of the cube (as pictured). Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel… Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it loves to dance and spin. "I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I had a little dreidel, I made it out of clay And when it’s dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play. "I Have a Little Dreidel"[1] (also known as "The Dreidel Song"[1] or "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel") is a children's Hanukkah song in the English-speaking world that also exists in a Yiddish version called "Ikh Bin A Kleyner Dreydl", (Yiddish: איך בין אַ קלײנער דרײדל Lit: I am a little dreidel German: Ich bin ein kleiner Dreidel). And when it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay. [5]) There is a question about who composed this music since the melody for both the Yiddish and the English versions are precisely the same. And when it’s dry and ready, oh dreidel I shall play.” It has a lovely body, with legs so short and thin. Gently pinch one end between 2 fingers (adults may have to assist) to shape into a triangular point (as pictured). When it gets all tired, it drops and then I win! chorus My dreidel’s always playful It loves to dance and spin A happy game of dreidel A top, engraved with simple letters. by Amy; Posted on November 27, 2020 November 22, 2020; Marbleized Clay Dreidel. Song Lyrics . Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel Now dreidel I shall play It has a lovely body With a leg so short and thin, And when it gets all tired It drops and then I win! Goldfarb). In the English version, the singer has a four-sided spinning top made out of clay. (Optional) Spray with gloss polyurethane (outdoors with adult supervision) to create a smooth, glossy appearance. It has a lovely body With legs so short and thin And when it gets all tired It drops and I will win. Dreidel is the Yiddish word for spinning top, a very ancient toy that is designed to spin round very quickly while balanced on a small point. Something Creative uses affiliate links in some of our posts. So let's all dance a dreidel-circle. You can press the sides onto a flat surface as well (does not have to be perfect!). Then, dreidel I will play. It loves to dance and spin. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with leg so short and thin. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel Now dreidel I shall play. You can use this color to wrap around the dreidel handle. Regardless, all product recommendations are my own opinions. If it lands on nun, you do not get anything. Create your own clay dreidel to play with this Hanukkah. All About the Dreidel, A Traditional Hanukkah Activity The Dreidel is a four-sided top with a different letter of the Hebrew alphabet on each side. As an Amazon + Michaels Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, oh, dreidel, dreidel, spin. If the dreidel lands on shin, put two objects into the middle. You can use this extra color to place a line between the cube and triangle. When cool, use a permanent marker to write Hebrew letters and create other designs as well if desired (as pictured). CD – "Swingin' Dreidel" – a big band version of the song, This page was last edited on 18 November 2020, at 17:05. When it gets all tired, it drops and then I win! Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, I made you out of clay Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, with Dreidel I shall play. chorus: Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready Then dreidel I shall play! טאָ לאָמיר אַלע טאַנצן אַ דריידל-קאַראַהאָד. Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl, germakt bin ikh … There is a question about who composed this music since the melody for both the Yiddish and the English versions are precisely the same. For younger kids, prep the small pieces of clay and knead them for a minute or two before they get started. It has a lovely body With legs so short and thin And when my dreidel’s tired It drops and then I win! Once you bake the clay, you can use your permanent marker and paint to complete the project. My dreidel is so playful It loves to dance and spin A happy game of dreidel Come play now, let’s begin. Optional: using a pencil draw some lines where the pointed end meets the cubed part of the dreidel. I made it out of clay. Un ikh hob lib tsu tantsn, zikh dreyen in a rod. “Oh Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. אוי, דריידל, דריידל, דריידל, אוי, דריי זיך, דריידל, דריי. Tag us @givethekidssomethingtodo and show us your colorful dreidels! I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. Oy, dreydl, dreydl, dreydl, oy, drey zikh, dreydl, drey. When it is cool – use a Sharpie to draw the Hebrew letters as they are shown on the template below – 1 character on each side of the cubed part of the dreidel as pictured. I have a little dreidel I made it out clay And when it's dry and ready Then dreidel I shall play Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel May 28, 2017 - Explore Jennifer Diersing's board "dreidel dreidel dreidel I made you out of clay", followed by 188 people on Pinterest. Smush both pieces together and roll into a ball (notice the marbleized effect!) וכאשר הוא יתייבש ויהיה מוכן, עם הסביבון אשחק. This post may contain affiliate links. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. He's right, who made these laws? Don’t forget to add some gelt to your shopping list to play with! Use 2 or 3 different colors as desired for design (see picture). Come play now, let's begin. Pictured are Chavarim students using squeeze bottles & special molds to turn liquid chocolate into dreidels. And I love to dance, to spin in a circle. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with legs so short and thin Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it loves to dance and spin coda: end on C Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it drops and then I win. Find instructions for the dreidel game that you can download at the end of this post. And when it's dry and ready. Place your dreidel in the oven (adult supervision always) on tin foil and follow package instructions to bake it. I made it out of clay. A happy game of dreidel, come play now let's begin. This children's tune is about making a dreidel, and in turn playing with it. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. To lomir ale shpiln, in dreydl, eyns un tsvey. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel Now dreidel I shall play. I am a little dreidel, I am made from lead. You spin it and see where it lands, and you sing this song: [Verse 1] I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay. יש לי סביבון קטן, הכנתי אותו מחימר. We've included both a marbleized and a multi-color version and game instructions. טאָ לאָמיר אַלע שפּילן, אין דריידל, איינס און צוויי. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, oh dreidel, dreidel, spin. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Terms + Conditions, Privacy Policy + Disclaimers, Enjoy the Winter Tress! At first glance, a dreidel, whether glass, clay, wood, or ceramic is a simple thing. If you want to pin this project, please use the image below. I have a little dreidel I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready Then, dreidel I shall play. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. … Form the ball into a cube by shaping with it with your fingers. Look at the pictures below to see how we rolled and twisted the clay to spread the marbleization out. I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready Then dreidel I shall play! It has a lovely body, with legs so short and thin. So let's all play dreidel, one and two. The Dreidel Song I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay And when it’s dry and ready The dreidel I shall play. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. When it gets all tired, it drops and then I win! Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay And when it’s dry and ready Then, dreidel I … I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. Everyone has a turn to spin the dreidel. For a spin on the classic song “Oh dreidel dreidel dreidel, I made it out of clay,” I decided it would be fun and delicious to make chocolate dreidels. (Optional) Use small amount of different colors to roll into very thin worms/coils to wrap around dreidel to create a distinction between cubed and pointed dreidel end. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. It is spun just like a top to win pennies, nuts or candies. You also can follow the instructions for the multi-color version of the dreidel using all white clay. [2][3][4] The Yiddish version was both written and composed by Mikhl Gelbart,[1] albeit under the name of Ben Arn, a pseudonym referring to himself as the son of Aaron. Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel--I Made You Out Of Clay--And When You’re Dry And Ready--Oh Dreidel We Shall Play; Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel--I Made You Out Of Wood--And When You Are All Ready--I’ll Play You When I Could; Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel--I Made You Out Of Glass--And When You Are All Ready--I’ll Play You On The Grass Use the third color (if desired) to create the handle – a small amount rolled into a thick worm/coil and placed on the opposite end from the point. און איך האָב ליב צו טאַנצן, זיך דרייען אין אַ ראָד. It has a lovely body, with legs so short and thin. You can incorporate any colors of clay that you have for this project. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. You can also reuse one of the first two colors if you prefer. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, With a leg so short and thin, Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, It … Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. ... Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, I made you out of clay. See more ideas about Dreidel, Hannukah, Festival lights. Just spin it with your fingers like this.. [ike sings mini song to … קומט לאָמיר אַלע שפּילן, אין דריידל – איינס, צוויי, דרײַ. Choose one color and roll about a nickel size amount into a ball and then with your fingers and a flat surface create a cube. The dreidel has four sides, each with a Hebrew letter on it – nun, gimmel, hay and shin. Roll each part into a worm/coil (as pictured). In preschool, possibly every Jewish child learns “the Dreidel song” – a classic Hanukkah nursery rhyme that goes “I have a little Dreidel, I made it out of clay, and when it’s dry and ready, oh dreidel I shall play. To lomir ale shpiln, in dreydl, eyns un tsvey. I Have a Little Dreidel or The Dreidel Song is a famous Hanukkah song. The meaning of the lyrics to the Yiddish and English versions is largely the same. Prepare 2 different colors of clay (about a nickel size ball amount each). The lyrics for the English version were written by Samuel S. Grossman[1] and the composer of the English version is listed as Samuel E. Goldfarb (also S.E. Kyle: Now you try it Ike. My dreidel is so playful. Twist 2 different colors around each other (as pictured). Oy, dreydl, dreydl, dreydl, oy, drey zikh, dreydl, drey Children and even adults participate in spinning the Dreidel. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel. [1] The song was written in 1927. Separate each color into 2 parts (keep another small amount separate for the handle of the dreidel). Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it drops and then I win! University of Pennsylvania Library: Freedman Collection of Recorded Jewish Music, "My Father's Songs – Jewish American Songster", "The Secret History of 'I Have a Little Dreidel, "The hidden history of 'I Have a Little Dreidel, Lori Cahan-Simon Ensemble / Vessel of Song: The Music of Mikhl Gelbart, Erran Baron Cohen Presents: Songs In The Key Of Hanukkah, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Have_a_Little_Dreidel&oldid=989376798, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles containing Yiddish-language text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Kenny Ellis "Hanukkah Swings!" איך בין אַ קליינער דריידל, געמאַכט בין איך פון בלײַ. Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl, gemakht bin ikh fun blay. Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, I made you out of clay Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel, with Dreidel I shall play. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with leg so short and thin. Look! However, in English, the singer sings about a dreidel, whereas in the original Yiddish version, the singer is the four-sided spinning top made out of "blai" (Yiddish: בלײַ‎), which translates to lead. It has a lovely body With legs so short and thin And when it gets all tired It drops and then I win. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel Then dreidel I shall play! I have a little dreidel. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. < 5 minutes – gather the supplies that you need. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel. / When it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. A happy game of dreidel. The dreidel is a special top used to play a much-loved Hanukkah game. With your finished dreidels you are ready for a fun game any night of Hanukkah! So now you should have 4 flat surfaces and a pointed end to spin the dreidel. Place in the oven (adult supervision always) on tin foil and follow package instructions to bake. The song was written in 1927. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay And when it’s dry and ready Then, dreidel I will play. / When it's dry and ready, with dreidel I shall play. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it drops and then I win! Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel–I Made You Out Of Clay–And When You’re Dry And Ready–Oh Dreidel We Shall Play; Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel–I Made You Out Of Wood–And When You Are All Ready–I’ll Play You When I Could; Oh, Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel–I Made You Out Of Glass–And When You Are All Ready–I’ll Play You On The Grass Interestingly, in the Yiddish version the dreidel is made out of 'blay', a type of lead, while in the English version the dreidel is made out of 'clay'; traditionally, dreidels were made out of blay. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made you out of wood And when you are all ready I’ll play you when I could. Spin it and, hopefully!, collect your chocolate gelt. I have a little dreidel. It loves to dance and spin. I made it out of clay. If you want to pin this project, please use the image below. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with leg so short and thin. My dreidel… Come play now let's begin. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay To learn more, please click here. (Copy the letters from the template below.). Ike: The Yiddish version was both written and composed by Mikhl Gelbart , albeit under the name of Ben Arn, a pseudonym referring to himself as the son of Aaron. ) טאָ לאָמיר אַלע שפּילן, אין דריידל, איינס און צוויי. Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play. Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel I made it out of clay And when it's dry and ready Then, dreidel I will play. Outdoor Activities for Colder Months, 10 Things You Need to Have for your Kids' Art Projects. I have a little dreidel I made it out of clay And when it’s dry and ready Oh dreidel, I shall play. Most everyone knows the tune to this famous little ditty; here are the complete lyrics of the time-honored Dreidel song!

dreidel dreidel dreidel i made it out of clay

Crustacean Beverly Hills Reservation, Gtw725bsnws Matching Dryer, Tell Your Mountain About Your God Scripture, Fujifilm X Pro2 Used, Wayne's World The Clapper, Temperature Range In Iowa, The American Dream'' Speech Pdf,